WE HAVE MOVED!

"And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven,
saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth....
[Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:13]

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Poem: Thou Art Beauty And I am Ugly

Poem: Thou Art Beauty And I am Ugly
By: Eric Gajewski
From the work, "Fortress of the Soul"
 Luke 2:16
And they came with haste; and they found Mary and Joseph, and the infant lying in the manger.

Please enjoy my latest poem from the work Fortress of the Soul 

 Please play the video and listen as you read the poem...



Thou Art Beauty And I am Ugly
Arriving at Thy Manger alas! I kneelest before Thee
I come not wise
Awaiting upon thy grace
Face to face, we finally meet
A hearts keylock found in the inward gate
Once bound in Original sins prison, O’ Eve!
Pacing in the darkness in the corridors of self beneath
Approaching, O’ lovely Lady!
Eager to unlock with Her Son’s own Key
O’ fearful hearts! Retreat no more
Press onward children into His Heart’s Fire
I lift my eyes, as Thou erase my sighs
The old man dies, as Thy brightness swallows my inward cries
Thus, I now arise, for Thy Love, above all nature defies
And the stone before my heart is now released
On this new day; it is now Thee in me
For the cataracts over my inner eyes
Fade like the evening sun and Thy Presence revives
It gives this eagle the Vision to see clearly
I sin, Thou repair
Sitting in the hearts cold of winter, Thy Love descended
I come gift less to thy Mother’s Manger burdened with cares
Leaving with only Thee, for Thy Heart dared
I die, Thou live
Naked no more I am clothed in Hope
For wherest the self  seeks to take... thy Heart is ready to give
Thou broke Bread and I break thy Heart in sin
Ye wouldst kiss the feet of mere men and I give unto thee a Judas kiss...
Thou spread thy arms as an eagle and I spread self like a virus
Yea, only Mary can guide thee in this interior Fortress
Indeed, all these virtues are found in Her, an eagles nest
Thus we stay close and feed mystically from her breast
For only He can get us through this
To bring the soul to eternal bliss
Man, in and of himself, couldst never glory
And so I sit to write again under the cover of this advents scene
With arms spread in Faith and Hope ready to receive
Taking in the once stiff air which turns into thy gentle breeze
I confess no less...
That I am foolish and Thou art All Wise
It is this disease of self which impedes; it is in this dark man plots in greed
But it is thy Divine Infant Heart which frees
And until man is ready to let go of self for thy Heart’s Humility
Until man gives up all things and exchanges it for Thy Poverty
Man will never be able learn and absorb The Word
For Thou Art Beauty and I am Ugly….


For reflection:

Job 40:5
Clothe thyself with beauty, and set thyself up on high and be glorious, and put on goodly garments.

Psalms 20:6
His glory is great in thy salvation: glory and great beauty shalt thou lay upon him.

Psalms 25:8
I have loved, O Lord, the beauty of thy house; and the place where thy glory dwelleth.

Psalms 44:12
And the king shall greatly desire thy beauty; for he is the Lord thy God, and him they shall adore.

Psalms 49:2
Out of Sion the loveliness of his beauty.

Psalms 92:1
The Lord hath reigned, he is clothed with beauty: the Lord is clothed with strength, and hath girded himself. For he hath established the world which shall not be moved.

Psalms 95:6
Praise and beauty are before him: holiness and majesty in his sanctuary.

Psalms 103:1
For David himself. Bless the Lord, O my soul: O Lord my God, thou art exceedingly great. Thou hast put on praise and beauty